HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food plots for next year?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 04:16 PM
bigwhitetailbuck
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i used tecomonte plot, they have a map of the zones of what they recommend, i used max attract on 1 side of my hill, and monster mix on the other,big side is 50X15...small side is is 10X20...whichever the big bag is i have on the big area, small bag on the small area..cant remember which is which...as far as deer go, i dont know that i have seen more deer, but this stuff is gonna be good next year on up to 7 years..so that is corn i dont have to buy anymore, and its healthier for the deer...when the deer arnt hittin the feeders, which was most of this year so far cause the acorns are still ripe, they were still hittin the plot..

i would say step 2 is asking the farmers what the deer are eating from their crops the most..just plot that and you'll be in good shape.i am planting corn stalks next year for about a 20X15 yrd area above my existing plot, eventually i will have all 281X15-20 yards of plot gl
Many of the farmers plant corn, but I have also heard alot of farmers plant soybeans, but they are a few miles from my property. I dont think I would be able to pull off planting corn though... Dont you have to plant them in rows and all by hand if you dont have the equipment?