HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethics question
Thread: Ethics question
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Lanse couche couche
Boone & Crockett

In the part of Illinois where I own land and hunt, I know of only one person, out of dozens of landowners, who will not let people on his land to recover a deer, and he is widely considered to be a jerk. But it is not illegal to be a jerk.

As for hunting near property lines, I've yet to meet a deer hunter who goes out of their way to place their stand at the point furtherest from other neighboring properties, especially if there are better spots near a property line. Even if they did, a deer hit pretty hard still run several hundred yards in some instances which will easily take them off a 100+ acre tract of land. However, as Skeeter says, you are sort of asking for trouble if you are hunting close to a property line where you know for a fact that they are A-holes who are not gonna let you on their land.

Where I grew up, people tend to obey the law. However, when you have someone who is clearly being a hypocrite, then most aren't going to bother asking permission, they are just gonna go get their deer. Not apologizing for it, that's just the way it is.