HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This "its brown its down" stuff is bull****
Old 12-08-2009, 04:19 AM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blakefrautschi
the tree huggers in wisconsin usually dont like hunting.... iowa must be different

but really that sucks.. on our land we have some horrible neighbors as well.
Whoops, I dont think I made it clear. The people hunting it is from wisconsin. The people who own the land live here in Iowa and are tree huggers. The only reason they let people hunt is because the animals are ruining their prarie grass. And they even told us that face to face.

i think people should shoot the deer they want , i dont see whats so dangerous as long you make sure it has 4 legs and not 2
Shooting at deer isn't the dangerous part... Having 20-30 hunters in the same area shoooting is. You know bullets can richoche and sometimes you dont always know whats in front of you.

If I remember right you filled your buck tag early with a little one and could have shot your buck when you took the pics of him hunting does. Sounds like your own fault for not getting him. As for the tree huggers its your land on your side of the fence, do what you want with it. It's gun season what do you expect man. WCL
Little? My buck I got during season wasn't little. It wasn't a monster either but it was a pretty decent buck taken with a bow.
When I say the people hunting treehuggers are shooting little ones... I mean little 4-5 pointers. But if thats what they want to shoot then go ahead, but atleast they can make it a little more ethical then shooting into a circle of deer hoping to hit one of them.

LOL! That was my first thought too. If they are shooting at any deer they see then that sure doesn't sound like any tree huggers I ever met. LOL!

As for what other people shoot on their land. As long as it's a legal animal I'm sorry but it's really none of your business.
Its not their land. A couple ladies from the city own the land and they have no idea whats going on out there during the gun season. The people hunting it are people from differant counties and even states.
We were talking to the girls that own it one time when they were out burning and we were telling them about all the people we saw the previous year and they said they didn't even know those people were out there.

Im sorry I guess I also didn't make this clear either. Its not public land like owned by the county or state but its owned by a couple ladies who let anybody hunt it. Just as long as they call or email them and tell them when they are going out.

Kevin1, Im only a 14 year old kid so growing up might be a small problem with me.