HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What kind of real hunter does this?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 11:50 AM
iSnipe
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jsuth
No reason to jump to conclusions and condemn the guy as a bad hunter or horrible person. He could be just protecting his crop and livelihood as a farmer.
My BS meter just went off.

While you paint a possible picture, it is HIGHLY unlikely. If I were a farmer having problems with too many deer, I'd be smart enough to allow my family to come over and do some hunting.

If no family, then I'd have NO PROBLEM finding people to come over and thin the herd and get some good venison in the process. But to shoot a deer and let it lay there to waste, regardless of the situation, is pathetic. And that's my opinion on that.

==================
Also, this is an edit... an extension to my previous post here...

jsuth, this is nothing personal towards you. It may look like it, but it is more of an upset for me in regards to the "Policies" that are there to allow such a thing to take place. In this day and age, with people supposed to be intelligent, I find it difficult to grasp a policy that allows wanton waste of deer, without first finding if there are interested parties in either hunting the deer themselves or at the very least, putting the venison to good use.

iSnipe

Last edited by iSnipe; 12-03-2009 at 04:18 PM.