HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of going back to Pike County IL in December
Old 11-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Widgeonus
Spike

Originally Posted by ryanhill
im from pike co. il. (pittsfield) . did you hunt private or outfitted ground ? outfitted ground isnt very good late season becouse the outfitter no matter how many acre they have has burnt out the ground by then . i know on my farm late season is one of my favorite times to hunt . and if it gets cold and some snow on the ground watch out your in for a very good hunt . you get on a good food source you wont find a better area in the country . i shoot a good buck every year late season . it just all depends on the pressure the ground has on it the amount of mature deer your guna c . plus there is still standing corn across the whole county that the farmers cant get out due to rian so there are deer that havnt even seen a hunter all year . that are guna be un pressured when they finally do get the crops out . if you need any info about whats goin on around here shoot me an emial and i can get u my phone number
We go into Pittsfield quite often to get groceries and eat at the Red Dome. We'll be hunting on private land around the Pleasant Hill area. One area has shelled corn and a few acres of alfalfa and clover....The other area was planted in wheat the first week in November. I've pretty much made up my mind to go back. My wife will be coming with me to try and get a doe. She hasn't killed a whitetail with her bow yet so I'm really hoping she gets an opportunity.