HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just a stupid question
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Down&OutHunting
Fork Horn

I myself hunt big bucks but I also manage my owwn land here in Illinois that i own and im usually not hurting for meat and im just thankful to be in the woods. I have a guy that lost his job and he told me that if i dont want a deer i shoot he would be more than happy to take it. When im hunting and i think of him it makes me want to just kill a deer for him because i know he will take it and will appreciate it. I look at it as just helping out a friend in need, and if someone wants to judge me by the deer i killed because im trying to help someone out then its pathetic. Me and my buddies hunt and there never hurting for meat so we just hunt big deer and when im with them or there with me we put restrictions on what we shoot. But even when we all have small bucks come in and you have a bow in your hand its hard not to shoot it. Its just that rush you get when bowhunting. I dont care what people shoot if it makes them happy then shoot it. Its hunting not pick and choose some people can do it and others dont have the deer herd like others. I myself will keep horn hunting but if the deer i let walk passes by someone else and they see it as a trophy then thats there call not mine. Its just a personal prefrence to what type of deer you shoot.