Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Just a stupid question >

Just a stupid question

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just a stupid question

Old 11-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Spike

Default Just a stupid question

We have been reading posts on here for almost 2 months and have a stupid question to ask....

1) Why do people shoot spike's, forks and small 6 points???
Aside from it being their first deer...
Old 11-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Not everyone has a large deer population to be real selective. Come on up to the Adirondack MTS and give hunting a try. Guys I know might only see 6-10 deer all season much less a mature buck.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is usually no law saying you can't shoot a small buck. Not everyone is a trophy hunter. Some just like venison.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NYBowCouple
We have been reading posts on here for almost 2 months and have a stupid question to ask....

I can see what you are saying. Living in Pa. the mentality has for decades been "Brown is down". That's why as much as 80% of the bucks shot are yearlings carrying horn for the first time. No thought given to quality. Just the need to brag and say "I got mine this year". That's why bucks don't get to grow old enough to get a decent set of antlers.

To those who just want venison? Shoot a doe.

Having hunted the last ten years for something I could be proud of and hang on the wall I haven't even drawn my bow; nor do I gun hunt any more. I don't have any need to brag that I filled my tag. I'm the only one I have to impress and I'm quite satisfied with the results.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe some of us just enjoy the experience of bowhunting and don't give a rats @$$ about how big the antlers are or are not??

Last edited by JeffB; 11-28-2009 at 02:37 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why do YOU think they shoot those types of bucks NYBowCouple? Just come right out and give your opinion and stop beating around the bush.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because they can????
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NYBowCouple

LOL! You'll find that their excuses are a dime a dozen! Truthfully, most hunters simply do NOT have the skill to outwit whitetails that are any older than the young, naive 1 1/2 old bucks. They also are the hunters who lack the patience and persistence to hunt harder than that as well.

My favorite excuses are: "If I don't shoot it than someone else will" or "I'm a meat hunter"!

You'd think most folks would actually want to set goals and raise the bar a bit.... I thought that was human nature???

BUT, ... what can we do? I just don't want any of them to whine and complain about not having any big bucks where they live.... I wonder why,, DUH!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

You sure come off as an elitist IL. Not everyone has your goals. We are all different. To be honest, your post below is embarassing to the average everyday hunter who hunts hard and doesn't live in Cornfed Illinois, nor doesn't care to for that matter.

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
LOL! You'll find that their excuses are a dime a dozen! Truthfully, most hunters simply do NOT have the skill to outwit whitetails that are any older than the young, naive 1 1/2 old bucks. They also are the hunters who lack the patience and persistence to hunt harder than that as well.

My favorite excuses are: "If I don't shoot it than someone else will" or "I'm a meat hunter"!

You'd think most folks would actually want to set goals and raise the bar a bit.... I thought that was human nature???

BUT, ... what can we do? I just don't want any of them to whine and complain about not having any big bucks where they live.... I wonder why,, DUH!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Well, first, let me tell you how it went. Nice eight point during bow, nice fawn during bow, nice doe during black powder. I'm still looking for my boy during gun. Everyday!

BGfisher, we've traded comments in the past. The ones in this current thresd just confirm what an arrogant ass you are.

[QUOTE][Maybe some of us enjoy just enjoy the experience of bowhunting and don't give a rats @$$ about how big the antlers are or are not?? /QUOTE]

Jeff, I love you man! I will make the effort to come see you.

Did you post to just stir the pot? Nothing better to do? They shot them because they are LEGAL, FOOD, and taste just as god as does.. Any more questions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.