HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer hunting hospitality
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:45 PM
wolfman73
Spike

Default Deer hunting hospitality

Since im new I had one more topic I just wanted to share with you concerning something I just expereinced.

I was born and raised in upstate SC. Im proud to call it home. However in the county im from its become a problem to find some where to hunt unless you own land or lease or join a exspensive club
Im sure this problem is everywhere , not just in my neck of the woods. people have become very protective of there lands (and rightfully so) and long time friends dont even ask or want to take a responsible guest anymore.

We lost our lease 2 years ago to land developement and I couldnt find anywhere to hunt. when i would ask around people were not really down right rude. they would just beat around the bush or make excuses about not being able to take me. the out look was down right dismal.

this year I began working in north east VA. All the guys on my work shift deer hunted. As soon as I mentioned i deer hunted I was invited to hunt several places. I was taken out and i harvested a nice 8 pt and the guys were so excited for me. Im going to hunt some QDM land in the morning with them.

I guess alot of factors come into play but it just amazed me how moving 400 miles up the road changed the atmosphere so much. Sc has a larger pop of deer than Va from what i have read but you wouldnt think it from looking for places to hunt.

just wondering if anyone else has been through this.

Last edited by wolfman73; 11-24-2009 at 04:47 PM.