HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone used Berger VLD Hunting bullets on game?
Old 11-11-2009, 08:31 PM
afp
Spike

I have not boasted about my knoweledge, I have demonstrated it. I have not made empty boasts, I have showed pictures of my groups and have described the results of my shooting.

I have tried to find common ground and exchange knowledge with everyone here. My assumption is that we call all learned from each other. I am willing to agree to disagree. However, you want no part of that. That is YOUR problem, not mine.

What can I tell you to help you be more successful in taking a deer at a mile? Not knowing what you know, and IF you were willing to listen; I'd tell you to sort your bullets by ogive and uniform the metplats. I'd tell you to get an Oehler 35 chrono and make sure your load has extreme spreads of the low teens or less. I'd asume you're already running a Jewell set at 1.5 oz and using a custom BR action with a high end scope, like Nightforce, US Optics, etc. I'd also assume you have the balance of your rifle set up propelry, because I'm sure you know that improper balance can cause vertical stringing.

I'd tell you (again) that there is a trade off between BC and velocity, and the highest BC bullet doesn't always win. Dozens of 1K BR shooters, including me, have proven otherwise. All you have to do is look at match results to see that. Crud, just go ask that question on the 1K Forum on BR Central. There is a reason the 187 to 220 grain bulelts win way more matches and shoot smaller groups than the 240 grainers (which are hadley used anymore).

But don't worry about me challenging your "knowledge" any more. I am just too old to tip toe around someone's fragile ego......................