HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - oiling the sabot when loading.
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 07:13 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

bigtim6656

Do not lube your sabots, they are self lubricating when shot out of the barrel. If they are difficult to load then a bit of saliva on the outside of the cup can help slide them down.

Next if they are that difficult to load - then find a different sabot. In todays world there are may different thcknesses of 50 cal sabots that will make the loading of a bore a mageable task. I personally do not like the 'crush rib' sabot unless it is absolutely necessary, find out what the sabot you are using is and go to the next sabot thinner. You have this option with 50 cal sabots and less options with 44 cal and 40 cal sabots.

The Triumph normally has a very tight bore, especially when new. Usually it will loosen up as you break in the barrel. When I first got my Triump - I could not load anything easily down the bore. I ended up working the bore with JB's bore paste. That smoothed and polished the bore so now I am able to load regular sabots and projectiles in the rifle with the normal 30 lbs of pressure on the ram rod.

Good luck with that new gun - it is a good one - just take your time learning how to manage it... there is no really big hurry.