HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 11/2- 11/7 Rut Hunting Report
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Screamin Steel
Typical Buck

Default 11/2- 11/7 Rut Hunting Report

WEll, Nov 2 was the full moon that would suposedly start things rocking. My evening sit I didn't have long to wait. Saw a mature eight battling a yearling six point in what ws definitely the most intense buck fight I have seen. Almost got a shot at the eight at last light, but it wasn't meant to be. Couldn't hnut on the third or fourth, but my buddy sat our area on the fourth and witnessed intense chasing in the a.m....saw 5 buck and nine does...all bucks were chasing. On Thursday the 5th, i sat dark till dark and saw 17 deer, of which 6 were buck...all chasing or trailing does.....in the evening I saw a breeding party of atleast three buck all chasing one doe. Next day, Friday was like flipping a switch (off.) Only saw 5 doe and NO buck...NO chasing. My buddy hunted Saturday, while I had to work and then watch the extremely disappointing Penn state game. Should have hunted instead. He only saw two doe and no buck. I also am not seeing deer in the mornings coming to work for the first time in over 2 weeks. Bucks are locked down with doe now. Buddy saw one breeding (on top of) a doe in a thcket on his farm, then bedded together. This warm spell isn't helping us either, but deer movement was slowing down anyway with breeding phase starting. Chasing phase seemed brief, but was intense when it was on. Hoping to intercept one between does later this week, but praying for a cold spell after this front in mid-week to help spur daytime deer movement.