HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Season Ruiner
Thread: Season Ruiner
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
DoctorDeath
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Snipe4Food
Today i was walking to my stand and heard a deer walking through the swamp on my right. When i saw him come into sight i knew instantly he was a shooter. I took my quiver off my bow and knocked an arrow...This was the nicest deer ive ever seen while deer hunting... I beleive he was around an 8pt. with about a 14inch spread. (not the biggest deer ever but incredible to me.) He walks out perfectly broadside at about 20 yards (has no idea im there) I draw and stop him........right over his back about 1'' and he runs off. If this has ever happened to you im sure you relize it makes your watches a little harder to sit. I honestly dont beleive im gunna get another shot at a deer of this quality and am the most discouraged ive ever been.....I definately feel I blew my season BIG time, anyone got any relavent stories or advice that might be somewhat encouraging?
Snipe cheer up little buckO ...I know you missed the buck but what a story you have to tell ...its one you will never forget ..bitter sweet I suppose but its better then a sharp stick in the eye ...and just think maybe you will get a shot at him NEXT year when hes even larger ...

dd