HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do I GLOW to deer????
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:51 AM
iSnipe
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure because I knew about the Sportwash thing many years ago and that's when I was informed about UV. Although not sure, I do have my beliefs based on personal experience and from some others.

I think it's all over-hyped. While it may indeed be possible they see a spectrum of light we do not, I do not see any evidence they are picking me off or others just from particular clothing "lighting" up like in the picture.

Scenario: Deer comes walking by and looks around and all of a sudden pin points the hunter. Most often things can logically be explained; the hunter moved, the hunter is silhouetted, deer saw the hunter's un-camoed face, deer saw a reflection of light from the hunter, etc, etc. Sometimes it's about impossible to figure what happened, as there are many possibilities and we can only guess.

I think if our clothing is giving off a spectrum of light the deer are seeing, we would be seeing much more episodes of unknown phenomena of totally unexplainable situations of being made.... ie, the deer all of a sudden just looking straight at the hunter for no apparent reason.

iSnipe