HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just shot my first WI buck!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Brian K
Fork Horn

Default Just shot my first WI buck!!!!

Guys I am so excited, I'm still shaking. About 7 this morning I heard something crashing around in the brush behind me, so I hit the grunt call twice, softly. The crashing got closer, then a brute stepped out into the clearing. I didn't have time to count points, but I knew it was a shooter. I picked up my bow and the buck came in from behind me, past my tree and stepped into an open lane quartering away. I gave him a little "Maw" and he stopped in his tracks. I let the arrow fly and the buck took off. After settling down for a moment, I got out of the tree to see where or if I hit him. Initially, I couldn't find any blood, so I got back into the tree to try to recreate the situation. That's when I saw the arrow stuck in the ground. I got down and the arrow was absolutely covered in blood and there was a good amount of blood under the arrow! I came back to the house because I didn't want to push him, so now I'm waiting until my friend gets here so we can go track him! Wish me luck!!!! Hopefully I'll have pictures soon!