HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Could've arrowed him but.....
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 02:25 PM
TNHagies
Nontypical Buck

Believe it or not, I have actually read all 78 posts and I'd like to add my $0.02 if I may.

I think the major division between the shoot vs. don't shoot crowds are the availability of bucks such as these. If you are able to see deer of this size often or even have a few of them on your wall already, you're more likely to say 'it wasn't fair'. On the other hand, if you see a buck this size once, maybe twice in your LIFETIME, then I think the decison making process is changed a bit.-Regardless if you're a meat or a horn hunter.

Regardless of your opinion, it's quite childish to say 'some people will never get it' or 'you're dumb for not shooting'. I think we all need to be a little more mature. There are a lot of anti-hunting groups that loves to see division among hunters. These types of debates do not help hunters.

I don't think Matt did it intentionally because I've seen his posts and I don't see him as arrogant but the way it was posted probably spured this debate. If he would have simply said, 'hey look at this buck my buddy seen on this small tract of land' and showed us the picture, this wouldln't have blown up like this. But it came across as 'I can shoot these types of bucks anyday so I'll pass on this one because it's too easy'-I'm not saying that's Matt's view, but the way it was presented probably helped spur this on.