HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to reteach yourself good shooting habits.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:14 AM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default How to reteach yourself good shooting habits.

I have thisthing about shooting.I can shoot on sure i could shoot a guy at 10 feet and drop him. But no matter what i shoot i can not get my groups where i want them. It is one reason i bought a 10/22 but i have not had the chance to shoot it the way i want. Here are my issues how can i solve them.
When i shoot my glock i tend to shoot to fast and jerk the trigger.
When i shoot a rifle i tend to flinch and sometimes jerk the trigger. Not sure why i never did this in ky with my ar15s or the 30/30. Seems i was good in ky i could hit a 6inch group with a ar15 iron sights at 100 yards. That with 30 rounds and shooting from standing pos.
I am getting a muzzleloader and want to hunt with it. so i feel i need to solve these issues. What do you think. Just go out and shoot take my time or what.
Also i have two people who normaly go to the range with me. One is a older guy i know who was in the army and seems to think he knows everything about shooting the other is my young cousin. They both tend to have there own little things that can distract me from shooting would i be better of going by my self. I like taking someone incase something happens. No need for me laying out in the middle of no where with abullet hole in me.