HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Missed the biggest buck of my life. :(
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
SRBowman
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain brother!! Saturday I had a beautiful 8 come in, wasn't an absalute monster, but he was big bodied, very semetrical rack. I was in the middle of a snow storm after it had just got done raining for 2 days straight. Anyway, I got to the stand around 245, set some scent, and started grunting pretty constant. At 320 I look up and see brown, almost likek it was a neon sign in the blazing white snow. He moseys around, and messes with my scent bombs. well he is all of 15 yards away at this point, but right out of my shooting lane. GHe finally decides to take a step to my lane, I draw back and he holds up!! I sat there for what seemed like forever, he finally comes in and I let it fly. I see my arrow sail right in front of his chest!! i was so jacked to be seeing this deer for so long, and I just plain hurried my shot!! Kills a guy inside to know you are that close, but we survive, and thats what makes us BETTER hunters!!