HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Non-resident hunting license?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 06:06 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree and disagree with you on this. Ive hunted a lot more out of state than I have in state in Illinois so Ive paid a lot more for my hunting licenses being out of state. I personally don't think both in state and out of state tags should be the same price, but I do think there should be a limit.

Illinois has a great deer herd and one of the reasons I think it is that way is because some people choose not to come to Illinois because of the tag prices. I think it helps keep the bucks as great as they are here. If they charged the same for everyone than it would be tough for some of the in state people to get licenses for there home state. We pay out taxes to Illinois, we keep up with all the BS that Blago put this state through, we should have a lot cheaper tag than people who come in 3 days a year for shotgun season or Archery season.

I paid $160 for my license in Wisconsin a few years back and I really don't think that is crazy. I recieved both an eithersex and a doe tag. Then any additional doe tag was $20. Im not going to complain about that. Sure I wouldn't mind it to be closer to $100 but if they did that the state wouldn't be making as much money. If they cut prices too much an already depleted DNR would be hurting more.

I do have a problem with Michigan charging $140 for a doe tag when 4 years ago I paid $70. Come on, a doe tag. As an out of stater I wouldn't mnd paying $50 for a doe tag and $100 for a buck, but man, there has to be some limit.

I won't even go for what I paid to hunt out west, they do need to lower that.

If they charged the same for everyone, we'd have people flocking to the good deer states and leaving the ones that are overpopulated with does and only have small bucks. I like how they do it now, but I do think that some of the states have tags that are way too expensive.