HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Missouri youth season
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:19 AM
Grasshopper13
Typical Buck

Well yesterday was a great day. After my oldest ( the blond beauty above there) got her first ever buck, it was my youngest daughter's turn that afternoon. We arrived on stand about 3:40 p.m. Everything was uneventful until just before dark. Raegan was really committed to getting her first deer, so much so, that I couldn't get her to leave! We decided to stay 5 more minutes and then we'd have to go...it was getting close to end of legal shooting hours. Not 2 minutes later I hear the unmistakablesound of deer walking our direction. As I mentioned before, Raegan's still a little "motion challenged" and we were about 2 seconds away from the old doe bolting off because she'd seen something she didn't like. Luckily, rae came through and put an awesome neck shot on her at about 50 yards. Folded her up like a lawn chair! Raegan was extremely excited and this capped what was one of the best days in the woods for my family ever.

Here she is

Last edited by Grasshopper13; 11-02-2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: wrong picture the 1st time!