HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ever lost a deer to coyotes??
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 04:02 PM
MLKeith
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Yes we should be able to hunt them buggers all year round here, with all the pets (small dogs, cats) being eaten by them, eventually they will give in and we'll be able to.
And I know mabey a 70+ Lb Coyote is hard for you to imagine, but there taken here all the time, and I also have taken one. I have the hide tanned fom the one I got and if some one wants to put the picture on here I'll e-mail it to you and you can for me.
Im 6'6" tall and me holding the tanned hide will show you just how big they get here. I'd post the pic myself but I still have to get with sabotloader so he can walk me through the steps.
(BP)
They might be full blood coyote but they might be cross breed coyote dog (Coydogs). It is fairly common for them to cross breed if the occasion exists. I had a cross breed Coyote,Husky that was one of the best dogs I ever owned. Extremely smart and taught me that Coyotes can scale a fence so high it would make you wonder. Mine could clear a six foot fence without touching it. She still could clear them when she was 12 years old but had to put her feet on it near the top to finish the jump. I doubt that she weighed more than 55 pounds though.