HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pass those smaller bucks.
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 10:20 AM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
QDM or not, that is not an easy task unless you are a professional hunter and do it for a living. Even some of those guys eat their buck tags every so often.
As I said, I've done my share of passing on small bucks since I started bowhunting, but I have no idea what a 4.5 year old buck looks like in real life. Maybe I will someday (and I'll probably need a change of underwear when it happens).

I hope you and your son understand that I don't disagree with what your saying. I don't consider msyelf a person who pratices QDM, and there are a few that do practice QDM that I'd love to kick in the groin sometimes because of their attitudes. My hunting philosophy isn't "if it's brown it's down" either, though. We'll just say that I'm somewhere in the middle, and I'll congratulate the taker of any deer on either end of the spectrum and those congratulations will be heartfelt and sincere.

I'll end by saying that I respect what you and your son are doing and what you have accomplished. I wish you both the best of luck.