HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - #11 caps vs Musket Caps
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:54 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by djdkman
Is your nipple completly clear??? (can see clean hole through it)...I like CCI mag #11s....and I drop the hammer down lightly push the cap on for a good seat....never never had problem with them going off. TC makes a SS nipple that has a slighlty larger firs hole....could try that too
There is another manufacture of #11 caps that are real hot too...cant remember the name....its German and the tin cover is red.
The nipple is brand new. I tried both a T/C regular standard #11 cap one and a brand new T/C hot shot #11 cap one. My old one did have a bigger hold but it also wouldn't work which is why I replaced it. Not sure who made the old one. For caps I've tried these Winchester Magnum #11 ones WallyWorld sells. The Remingtons I had 5 of. 3 I put on by hand and went off the 4th I put on with the capper and it did the same thing as the Winchester. I also had some old ones that I got when I got the gun. I fired them off and they did the same thing. A couple fired first try but several required two shots to set them off. I'm not sure what brand. They don't look like the Winchester exactly but close and not at all like the Remingtons as they aren't green inside. Seems like they go off a lot more if I leave them loose on the nipple instead of pressing them all the way on. Almost like if it gets to push it against the nipple hard it then sets it off but I don't know.