HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Momma Doe Busted Me
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 04:34 PM
concordmountaineer
Spike

Default Momma Doe Busted Me

Had Monday off work here in southern WV (Bow-Only County) so I decided to hunt all day. Sat from daylight until dark. At around 6:15pm had a nice sized year a half old doe wonder in to get a sip from the creek I sit over. She stood directly below me at 12 yards looking the opposite direction. I slowly drew back and lowered that top pin right behind her front shoulder. I thought to myself "she has no clue your here, just relax don't rush and make a good clean shot." After I got the pin settled i pressed my index finger onto the release trigger and counted one, two... and then I heard the biggest freakin (whhhhewwwww) you could possibly hear! Momma doe was standing 65 yards at the edge of the field right behind me! All I could see was her neck and up as she was looking over a small mound at the field edge. The first doe bolted of course before I could get the shot off. I never knew she was there.

That had to be the most dishearting feeling I've ever had. Do you think I should consider moving my stand to another location now?