HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tracking a potentially wounded deer.
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Ol' DW
Spike

Default Tracking a potentially wounded deer.

This evening I thought I had just killed my first deer. I shot a doe and got a complete pass through. Climbed down and found my arrow buried in a log with hair and blood all over it. I was feeling pretty good at this point. Then I noticed there is only like 2 drops of blood. I start looking all over and can't find a drop. I saw where she ran to before she was out of my sight and didn't see her. I went back to my stuck arrow and noticed all the hair was white and looked even harder for any blood and found none. On the way out I saw some eyes light up and I could tell it was a deer. Then I saw it slowly run away and I walked over where it was and there was blood all over the place. I had to leave because I don't get cell service where I hunt and couldn't worry my family to death. I plan on being out in the woods every second I can until I find her. There is no excuse for a poor shot like that and it makes me sick that I did something so stupid. It almost makes me want to stop hunting. I ain't positive where I hit her, is there any chance I got a vital? maybe the liver? What should I do to end this deers suffering asap?

Last edited by Ol' DW; 10-28-2009 at 11:48 AM.