HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever....
Thread: Anyone ever....
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:42 AM
UPHunter08
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by D Rock
The thing I like to do when I jump deer on my way to my stand is move my stand or change my entry point. If the deer are on my property in the dark they are either bedded or browsing so if I can set up on the fringe of where they were located they might work their way towards me as daylight approaches. I always have to remind myself not to get too attached to a certain stand. The deer will tell you where you need to be.
Good advice. Also, this is a good thing to figure out during pre-season scouting. If I'm going to bump a couple of deer, I'd much rather do it before the season starts and alter my stand and/or routes than do it during the season. Even so, if you're putting in a lot of hours hunting, it's almost inevitable that you're going to bump a few at some point.

Due to time constraints, etc. I used to skimp a little on scouting, but I'm learning that it is time well spent. In addition to pinning down deer locations, it helps you avoid deer during the times you don't want to run into them.