HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever....
Thread: Anyone ever....
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 12:24 PM
iSnipe
Nontypical Buck

I've been Blessed to put many more hours in the woods chasin' deer with a bow than most people and having done so, have seen many things. On that list is seeing on many occasions, deer come by my spot after I have already blown some out coming to my stand. It's not a good feeling and can lead to negative thoughts, but since learned it's not the end of the hunt.

Once while dressed head to toe in ASAT camo, I was along the edge of a meadow leading up from a swamp. I was standing near a large jackpine tree. While watching, here comes this guy with bow in hand wearing blue jeans and a blue Carhartt jacket and baseball cap. He passes by me at only 12 yards looking right through me! I'm invisible to him. After he gets past me about 10 more yards, a deer blows behind me startling the **** out of him and I. LOL! He proceeds to enter the edge of the woods near the swamp and disappears. I say to myself, "this can't be good for my hunt." 20 minutes later one of the biggest bucks I've seen come near me in bow range comes by at 38 yards. I didn't kill him. Mainly because arrow didn't go where I aimed. LOL!

While it can't be good for a hunt to blow deer out while going to your stand, good things still happen.

iSnipe