HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bad morning in the woods
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:11 PM
ABarOfSoap
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zmschillin
Saturday I was drawn to hunt a military reduction hunt that did not go very well. I set up in a woods I have never been in in the dark and at first light I was likr CRAP! Im not going to see anything here. About 30 min after day break a young doe was 15 yards to my right(im right handed) So I waited until she went behind some trees to move. When I did the back pad on my climber amde a noise and the doe darted away. CRAP! So I pulled out my knife and cut off the pad.
About two hrs later a see another deer pop out of a thicket coming toward me. It was a big 8 point buck. once again to my right. He goes behind some trees and I turn. When he came out he was looking at me and started backing up so I shot. 30 yds away I hit a nice size tree about 2'' in. I was bummed because in 7 years of bow hunting I havent shot a buck yet.

I know how u feel, you basically told me thr exact story of this opening weekend, except i never even got a chance too shot at my nice 8 pointer even tho he was 15 yards away, a spike busted me and they both ran... hope i made u feel better because im really depressed too and never got a nice buck with the bow either.