HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hooked Up by an Animal Rights Activist!
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 07:44 PM
zmax hunter
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RIStrutStopper
Sorry, this is kinda long and its pretty strange. A few months back I found out a woman I work with has a few acres on an Island that's loaded with deer. Finding property to hunt there isn't easy, so I asked her about hunting on it. She never really gave me an answer, so I figured I'd ask again a little closer to the season, not wanting to push. About a week before the season, I asked for permission and she said she really doesn't want people hunting her property (she has a dog, kid, etc.), but she said her neighbor has a few acres and she has let people hunt there before. She asked her neighbor for permission for me, and the neighbor said okay. The neighbor was going out of the country just before opening day for a couple weeks, but she signed a permission slip and wrote a note.

The note said that someone else hunts there, usually Sun and Mon, and we should touch base but she didn't give me any contact info. I stopped by the second day of the season, never having been there before, and I took a doe. This afternoon I went to hunt there again and the property owner was home. I knocked on the door, introduced myself, and we talked a little. I got the phone number of the other guy who hunts the property, according to her, he sounds cool with me hunting there too, but I'll touch base with him to be sure we don't step on each others toes. The owner said she was surprised her neighbor had asked for permission, since she is an animal rights activist and such... That took me completely by surprise. After the hunt, I saw the woman from work taking a walk down the road so I stopped to say hi. She asked if I got anything, peered into my truck bed (slow night, nothing moving). She tells me that she found out from her Humane Society something about if a hunter crosses property lines they could get in trouble for trespassing... I agreed that this was true. I don't think she was warning me, just kinda making conversation... I think the whole situation is kinda wierd, but I landed a nice spot out of the deal. Hookd up by an Anti? Who'd have thunk it!
You asked her out yet?