HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which would you choose........
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Remmy243
Spike

Originally Posted by rather_be_huntin
Because saying "shot placement is EVERYTHING" is the same as saying caliber is everything. If you believe that then why even recommend a cartridge/caliber because anyone that lives in that world either can't grasp their own understanding or doesn't believe in any one caliber is different than another.
I can see your point but one has to be comfortable with the weapon they are shooting as well. Yes, I do call it a weapon considering we are referring to dangerous game. Just to throw this out there I seen a hunting show where five hunters had HUGE caliber rifles and all of them fired at a charging line, mostly missing it but a couple of shots had hit the Lion in the sides. However the Lion continued to charge his chosen target but it wasn't until that last shot by the target square between the eyes at point blank range until the Lion had fell to his death on top of the targeted hunter. I've also seen another hunting show where someone dropped a very nice bull Elk at 380 yards with a .270 and a well placed shot.