HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hit a nice buck - could not recover.. :( (Thoughts)??
Old 10-19-2009, 06:27 PM
dczys
Spike

Default Hit a nice buck - could not recover.. :( (Thoughts)??

Well this morn i had a nice buck at 10 yards broadside, and took the shot. it hit high in the chest and low out the opposite side. the back legs kicked and the buck took off. the arrow was a pass through... i slipped out and came back a while later with my bro. there was bubbles in the blood, but it wasnt bleeding that good, and it slowly got to drops, then a big blood clot and then the blood picked up again. and then the same blood slowed and then out comes another but larger clot. the deer was zig and zagging all over and finally we lost the trial. my bro left and i stayed out, slowly walking around and lucklily came across new blood, i tracked it towards a bedding area and by this time i was about 1/2 mile away from where it was hit, and it went much further then that zig and zaggin. i was on hands and knees for a good hundred yards following pin drops,, and then she dried up..... so i am thinking i hit one lung, and it may have got on some does that i did see running all over just b4 it came in, and it never once bedded down.. hopefully it will survive... thoughts???

Last edited by dczys; 10-19-2009 at 06:39 PM.