HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin T zone and bow hunting
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 09:42 AM
shaggy1224
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
The only way you can shoot a buck during these hunts with a bow is if you are outside a tzone. If you are outside a tzone you do not need to wear blaze orange. You can how ever shoot a buck in a tzone if the antlers are shorter than 3 inches. Then again I still wouldnt take that chance because theres a chance that you could be more than the 3 inch max. Im going to recomend you read and fully understand the TZONE/HRZ regulations before making any decissions to go out. Good luck and be safe.

this may not be true. im not trying to be a jerk cause i thought the same thing. on pg 5 in the regulations were it breaks down the seasons for regular units it says nothing about about a antlerless only hunt for regular units oct 15 thru oct 18. but if u go to pg 9 about 3/4 of the way down the page under ARCHERY BUCK DEER CARCASS TAG it says "this tag is valid for one buck deer harvested with legal archery equipment in any unit statewide during an open archery season, except DURING THE OCT 15-18 AND DEC 10-13 ANTLERLESS ONLY DEER HUNTS."

i admit it is very confusing and i could be wrong. it seems to me the dnr is either setting us up to screw up or we have to buy a bonus tag to go hunting those weekends in a regular unit. i think ill call and find out for sure.