Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Wisconsin T zone and bow hunting >

Wisconsin T zone and bow hunting

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin T zone and bow hunting

Old 10-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wisconsin T zone and bow hunting

A buddy of mine at school is a pretty big hunter and he said that during Tzone you cant shoot a buck with bow. i no u have to wear blaze orange but he said you can only shoot does during t zone no matter what even if you are hunting with a bow is this true.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uh, before you go believing that, contact the DNR.
Get thier official version of the rules, he may be right, but if hes not, bet him 5 bucks and than collect.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't do any betting with your buddy if I was you (unless you like to lose money). He is right if your area is "herd control" you can't shoot a buck during the October and december antlerless only hunts.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jessejmc1979
I wouldn't do any betting with your buddy if I was you (unless you like to lose money). He is right if your area is "herd control" you can't shoot a buck during the October and december antlerless only hunts.
Your friend and Jesse (above) are correct. You cannot take a buck, even by bow, during the antlerless gun hunts in October and December. This is applicable in Herd Control units that have the October and December anterless hunts. Specifically addressed on page 6 of this year's Deer Hunting Regulations.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

NO BUCKS / ANTLERLESS ONLY> Read the regulations and you would know the answer. Not try'n to be a smart a$$ just try'n to save hunters some $$$$$ and embarasment. The DNR changes rules every year so the only way to keep up is - read the Rules!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Spike

Yup as above. They are correct, no bucks during t zone hunt. Even with a bow.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/...09regs4-15.pdf

See page 2 (or regulations page 6)
Old 10-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

just that perfect time to throw a bunch of ppl in the woods when the bucks are just starting to show up and make them go nocturnal.....idk about you guys, but as a bowhunter this kinda upsets me!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

Worse things are in store for us i'm afraid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mr.mc54
Worse things are in store for us i'm afraid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Truer words were never spoken.

Especially with this DNR and administration. The DNR must be free from tampering with by the (any) administration.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only way you can shoot a buck during these hunts with a bow is if you are outside a tzone. If you are outside a tzone you do not need to wear blaze orange. You can how ever shoot a buck in a tzone if the antlers are shorter than 3 inches. Then again I still wouldnt take that chance because theres a chance that you could be more than the 3 inch max. Im going to recomend you read and fully understand the TZONE/HRZ regulations before making any decissions to go out. Good luck and be safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.