HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - need help picking a bow
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 04:27 PM
30-06lover
Fork Horn

Default need help picking a bow

Hello, my names tyler and ive been an avid hunter since i was old enough to hunt, however im just recently gettin interested in bowhunting. Im 19 and ive only got a month left until i finish my training here in pensacola florida as an aviation electrician for the navy reserves. A couple of my friends are avid bow hunters and also shoot local tournaments when seasons not in and id like to get a nice bow when i finnaly get back home to maybe catch the end. I finnaly have a little extra cash due to an elistment bonus to get a decent bow haha, but neways shot bows before but i really dont know what i need to get. I was hoping maybe someone could reccomend a decent bow for hunting and the occasional tournament. I know there are alot of different types of bows and cam types and what not so hopefully someone could give me some input on what to look for in a bow. but neways im 165lbs and about 6ft tall in good shape and willing to spend from about 400 to 800$ thanks for any advice you guys can give