HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - FAILURE TO FIRE - Remington Sluggers
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 06:10 PM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default FAILURE TO FIRE - Remington Sluggers

I know this has been an issue previously. Went to the range Sunday for some extensive firing of slugs in various slug guns prior to our firearms deer season which will open next month.

Had 3 rounds fail to fire. All Remington Sluggers. At first appearance it is obvious that the firing pin is not hitting the primer well (deep) enough.

I kept some of the spent Sluggers that had fired and showed deep pin impacts to their primers. In the past it was suspect that the primers may have been seated too deep. Well today I went to investigating and the first thing I took a notice to wat that the end of the brass appeared to be cupped or concave on the rounds that did not fire.

So I took a straight edge to the ends and sure enough you could see the cupping defined.

Great job Remington! It has been like 5 years that this BS has been going on and your QC has done nothing to correct it. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

My recommendation is that using Remington slugs is just asking for a failure to fire right when you really want it to fire.

Facts is facts.