HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
NEW61375
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas,

Normally I am on more and I will try to get back in the swing of things now that season is in. I bowhunted last Sat(our opener) and saw a couple of does and a couple dozen turkeys but all in all it was hot and the action was slow. I shotgun hunted with my son a couple of evenings in the county I live in(gun season comes in before bow here) and saw a doe the first sit and got skunked the second. I honestly haven't been really pumped until today, I get to hunt Friday p.m, all day Saturday, come back home to work a bar shift Sunday afternoon and night, then back to the woods Monday and Tuesday. The weather is supposed to be hot Fri (high 83) but start cooling off Sunday pm and the highs Mon/Tues are supposed to be about 15-20 degrees cooler with lows in the upper 40's so I'm pretty pumped about that. No big expectations even though I am confident in the stands I have hung, mainly just looking forward to getting to bowhunt a couple days in a row.

I'll keep you posted and good luck to you guys.