Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30) >

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Old 11-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Typical Buck

had better evening, i guess, saw 8 deer, 3 bucks, 2 spikes and one small 8 point (if it had brow tines?????) all passed 40-50 yards away....about 20 yards too far for this old man. i would have taken the 8 point if he was closer. moving tree stand mid day tomorrow to funnel at end of field that i spotted on ariel photo the land owner showed me this morning......such nice people his wife fixed me breakfast after morning hunt.
2 more days then i'm done
later pat
Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Me again zero in morning , moved stand , only saw 4 this evening. no bucks......well maybe a button buck???
saw doe with twin fawns again got much better look at the piebald fawn.....3-4 yards fron base of my tree. second adult doe was ? off spring of the other doe.. also piebald but very little extra white
saw mediocre 8 pt on drive out chasing a doe in the dark alot heavier than any others i've seen but not real big. yes i wouldhave shot it
tomorrow is my last day.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck tomorrow Pat. Maybe take a camera with ya for pics of the piebald.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default Let you all down!

Well team....I let you all down yesterday morning when I failed to see a twig (what we call a no-seeum) when I shot at a 150 class 10 point. I had ranged his doe at 42 yards, and he was following about 20 feet behind her so I had plenty of time to pull the range finder out. When his doe moved on, he moved up to where she had stopped where my chance was going to be. Even when the doe was standing there I failed to see the damn twig!
He moved up into what I THOUGHT was a clear lane, and I setteled my 40 yard pin mid body for height on his chest on a nice little ruffled spot of fur. I pulled the trigger on the release, and the arrow was on it's way and tracking true until.....at about 35-38 yards there was a slight "tink" and bumped my arrow a little upward. Now the interesting part was that it still would have hit him albeit a touch high except for the fact he hit the deck at the sound of the arrow hitting the twig and it went clean over his back. I watched the bright green knock and red and white vanes go clean over him. He ran up the hill a little way and stopped to look back and then continued on up the hill. It was as he was walking straight away from me as I was watching him in the binos that the thought I KNOW YOU came into my head. I have a game camera pic of him from early August and he put on a few more inches before he rubbed off but damn it's depressing! Needless to say, that freaking twig no longer exists! Sorry team... I have about 3 days left to hunt before the orange army hits the woods so I'll keep trying! Rob knows as well if it weren't for the twig he would be dead...shot one arrow from 40 with a bh and dead centered the bull, but it just gets in your head.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

well guys my bow season is over unfortunatly no bones i shot a hundred pound doe but did get any bucks
gun season is the next weekend and once that happens the deer get pushed around bad so we let em rest after that
Old 11-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok folks, My PC has been down and in the shop but back on line now.
Congrats to those that have scored so far. Will catch up in the next day or so.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

hi everyone, had camera but no reappearence of the piebald.
no shot chances even tried one additional morning after trip to CO on my way back north.
snake sorryto hear about your miss

got home to Alaska late last night uneventful trip except 5 long 700 mile days hauling heavily loaded trailer behind loaded truck
one day saw stone sheep, mtn caribou, wood bison, and moose .....wow what a great day will post photos later.

later Pat
Old 11-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

TRIP PHOTOS

MTN. CARIBOU

WOOD BISON

STONE SHEEP
Old 11-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

Cool pics AK! Havent been on in awile but nothing to report ive been hunting alot seen a few shooters but never could close the deal. I did miss one big doe! Rifle season starts here tommorrow so im going to go out and try and get one of the ones that would not come into bow range.