HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The wait is killing me!!
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:49 AM
rh160kid
Typical Buck

It never ceases to amaze me how quick some people jump on someone for their shooting distances, equipment etc. I too would have no problem takin this shot under the described conditions. The deer was relaxed feeding, he knew the exact yardage, and the deer was in a field meaning nothing for the arrow to hit. everyones comfortable and efficent shooting range differs!!! Under different conditions (deer is alert, in the woods, high winds, unknown exact yardage) this would be a bad shot, but here i see nothing wrong with it. I have killed several deer 50+ yards under identical conditions. Ive also had bad hits and misses on deer under 30yds. Distance is not always the make or break factor in a good/bad shot nor is equipment. Sometimes **** happens and we dont make the best shot. I never see anyone on her bit#*ing out someone who gut shot there deer at 20yds or with a fixed head-why is that?It must not happen, yeah right!! Twildasin- kudos too you for trusting your ability and equipment and making a great shot and successful recovery.