HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunter Harassment
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Stoningtonwhitetail
Fork Horn

Default Hunter Harassment

On Sunday evening around 5:30 or so, I was hunting on State Land and I kept hearing coyote calls, a periodic turkey call, and then more coyote calls. I thought it was strange because the calls were evenly spaced and IDENTICAL each time, but then thought to brush it off. I heard a women’s voice once from the area of where I heard the calls (coming from the state land), which also I thought was strange. When I was done hunting (didn’t see a hide) I cut across my friends property (which adjoins the state game area) and I told her about the noises. She and her friends (other hunters) told me that her neighbor doesn’t like people hunting behind their property on the state land and that others have heard these “predator calls” before. I cannot verify that they did do this, but after hearing this, it does make sense because I was sure it sounded like a recording while I was in my tree stand.

Needless to say, I really don’t want to go back there and hunt, and to bad too, because last time I hunted this area (2004 and 2005) I was very successful at spotting and getting my early season buck. What should I do? I did email a friend of mine who is a Conservation Officer in Northern Michigan about this but should I report it to a local Conservation Officer as well? Should I waste another day and try to hunt it, only to hear the dang calls again? Or should I do nothing and just hunt another area?

On top of all that, the "other friends" of my friend, didnt come out to hunt until 5:00pm on Sunday and parked there truck about 100 yards from the tree I was in and then just pranced through the woods, urghh!! I had been in the tree by then for over 2 hours...

There I vented....

Last edited by Stoningtonwhitetail; 10-15-2009 at 04:06 AM.