HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you shoot him?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mossberghunter93
personally i would unless it was like the final two weeks of the season but its up too you
After November hes a goner, and probably not from me. The hunt club across the creek harvested 97 deer out of the 600 acres that border me. Once they let the 30-40 hounds loose, they shoot anything, claiming "if its brown its down, so in my eyes hes a survival with a bit of wisdom. I am glad I picked the right trails for my stands to have him directly underneath on many occasions!

He is lucky to have survived this long. Im gonna take him, just because I will be HUNTING him, and thats what its all about. Alot of effort went into my lease the past two seasons with plots and staying out of it, and when I got that camera, it was the first time I had been there since late July. 9 pictures (within the last 4 days) of him on same trail within 1 3/4 hours of each other means a good chance he will ultimately change his routes REAL soon.......so hes done. With no regrets. I know there may be better, but this is what its all about.

Thanks for the opinions...they were all on the mark, whether you were for or against shooting. Luckily Im not under any antler restrictions, and dreaming of about 60 pounds of hamburger and sausage...not to mention the loins on the grill Saturday night after (if) he shows up on time!