Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Would you shoot him? >

Would you shoot him?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you shoot him?

Old 10-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

One more year.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

fer me we use does fer meat in the freezer, i would definatly say let him go, and on that note we are on antler restrictions so he is definatly walkin....and the reason he is on the verge of bein a shooter in yalls area is cuz yall keep popin em..that deer is very young and would be nice if ya waited 4 more years or more..on another note, maybe you dont have antler restrictions and/or 500 acres and sum1 else is gonna get him b4 you do, and that leaves a bad taste in ur mouth and you would rather take him. either way like sum1 else has already said, it dont matter what other people think, everyone has their ethics and will hunt in a way that is ethical to them.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Anybody hunting a herd of 5.5 - 6.5 yr old bucks has some AWESOME grounds.

Just sayin'...........................
Old 10-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

personally i would unless it was like the final two weeks of the season but its up too you
Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mossberghunter93
personally i would unless it was like the final two weeks of the season but its up too you
After November hes a goner, and probably not from me. The hunt club across the creek harvested 97 deer out of the 600 acres that border me. Once they let the 30-40 hounds loose, they shoot anything, claiming "if its brown its down, so in my eyes hes a survival with a bit of wisdom. I am glad I picked the right trails for my stands to have him directly underneath on many occasions!

He is lucky to have survived this long. Im gonna take him, just because I will be HUNTING him, and thats what its all about. Alot of effort went into my lease the past two seasons with plots and staying out of it, and when I got that camera, it was the first time I had been there since late July. 9 pictures (within the last 4 days) of him on same trail within 1 3/4 hours of each other means a good chance he will ultimately change his routes REAL soon.......so hes done. With no regrets. I know there may be better, but this is what its all about.

Thanks for the opinions...they were all on the mark, whether you were for or against shooting. Luckily Im not under any antler restrictions, and dreaming of about 60 pounds of hamburger and sausage...not to mention the loins on the grill Saturday night after (if) he shows up on time!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not hunting for horns so yes, I'd shoot him!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know like I know Jeff that we have a LOT bigger deer than that in our part of the world.

Thats a young deer... especially based on his habits. I'd like to see him for the sake of doing so.... but I wouldn't shoot him myself.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd nock em dead!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
You know like I know Jeff that we have a LOT bigger deer than that in our part of the world.

Thats a young deer... especially based on his habits. I'd like to see him for the sake of doing so.... but I wouldn't shoot him myself.
I hear ya....but honestly, traveling already in the daylight is gonna get his ass nailed. I dont give him a day past the dogs being let loose. Its really confined, geographically, his range, so either its a car or a yahoo with a dozen dogs chasing him down...or me.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

No, I wouldn't