HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 25 inch draw??
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 10:58 PM
atlasman

Default RE: 25 inch draw??

With todays bows you can get plenty of speed to take a whitetail, and anything else you want for that matter. You probably won' t be shooting 2" mechanicals or pushing 300 fps but neither of those things has anything to do with being able to hunt and take game. Choose your bow and broadheads wisely. Bowtech gets pretty darn good speed which is helpful when you are limited in draw length. Truthfully though ANY bow made in the last couple years will give you more then enough to get the job done. I would worry more about being able to make a clean shot rather then speed or distance.

Why do you HAVE to shoot left handed?? Are you left handed? or were you told that because of eye dominance? or something else? You sound surprised and a little disappointed, like you weren' t expecting to shoot lefty.

As far as GOOD distance is concerned I would say that if you are just starting now and planning to hunt this year you will find that 20 yards will most likely be your max range of reliable accuracy..........even that could be a stretch, depending how much you practice. So I wouldn' t worry too much about taking any long range shots.......one step at a time........too many bad things can happen when you start flinging arrows at long ranges.

In summary,

It' s WAAAAAAAAY worth it!!!! Time is running pretty thin though so I suggest that you make a decision one way or the other very soon because if you get a bow and want to hunt this year you have your work cut out for you.

Best of luck.