HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crazy Stuff!
Thread: Crazy Stuff!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 07:42 PM
iSnipe
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Twice I had an owl land in front of me. Each time they chose a perch exactly 2 1/2' feet from my face. LOL! I was in a climber and was facing the tree and they landed on a limb. One was early in the morning barely first light and the other was the same amount of light, but in the evening. Once had a hawk come in and take a dive at me only to veer off at about 10' foot away. That was startling! Chickadees on my shoulder, several perched around me.... a squirrel on the back of my arm temporarily. I was rock still and he had to come and investigate. LOL!

One time when I was bowhunting on the ground. Just before last light I hear one animal coming. I know it's a buck. Problem was he was getting real close and I couldn't see him! Then I started to think "It's a bear!", but then now I see the tall grass moving 15ft. from me, but still nothing! Then a porcupine came wobbling in and walked by me at about 10ft, but then he smelled the fresh black dirt I kicked up. I wanted to clear the ground under me so I can be quiet instead of standing on crunchy leaves. He seemed to like it and sniffed it for about a minute. Now don't forget, I'M IN THAT BLACK DIRT TOO! Yeah, he was at my boots. He even sniffed them. Then he walked around me about 2ft. away and started chewing on an arrow nock as I took my quiver off and leaned it against a tree. LOL! I have many good experiences in the woods!

iSnipe