HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Decoy question
Thread: Decoy question
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 04:06 PM
99 jeep
Fork Horn

I use the flat one in the box ,forget the name but i cut the horns off and used it as a doe and i tell you ill never forget this and a witness there as well. Last dec we went out for our last hunt and put them out 20 yards behind me on a trail that deer use so they see the decoys and not focus on me, well, wanst 15 minutes and i smoked a a little buck with my crossbow at less than 10 yards because all he could do was look at the doe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well he ran 30 yards and expired, then half hour into our hunt here comes 2 more bucks just beating the crap out of each other and well the one lost and takes off towards me and sees my decoy and not me again stops, stomps once and rams it, so im loaded already and try to shoot him because he just beat up my crossbread doe lol and walks off, BUT not far enuff to get an arrow stuck in from him my buddy hunting just 50 yards from me. I believe in these decoys. But i wish i got the feeding decoys instead of the one looking at something. I hope this helps.