HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Free - Laundry Process: What do you do?
Old 09-24-2009, 01:00 PM
minnesotadeer
Fork Horn

I wash my clothes and towels in the Scent Killer soap and cold water or baking soda and cold water, depending on whatever I have on hand. Then I let air dry outside and seal inside big ziplock bags. I like to have several, a decent-sized bag that includes the clothes for the next hunt and then two more very large bags, one containing all my clothes for warm weather hunts and the other for cold weather.

I only spray down my clothes with Scent Killer after a hunt if I'm not washing them again and then I turn them inside out before doing so since that's where most of the smell will be if I was sweating. I do like to liberally spray down the outside of my boots each time I head out and the insides slightly when I come back so they'll have time to dry if I'm going out again the next day. The boots and my breath are actually what I pay the most attention to. Washing and sealing the clothes in the method described above should take care of 99 percent of the smell issues with them. But the boots and your breath need to be "pre-treated" every time you go out in my opinion. That said, I sometimes drink coffee on stand on my all day hunts, but only when the wind is right.