HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ny state lic
Thread: ny state lic
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 10:08 AM
jimbodwb
Spike

Originally Posted by azzir
I am willing to go a little farther by calling for a BOYCOTT of sporting licenses until DEC backs down, and they will, quickly, as soon as they see that their attempt to raise their income by raping NY sportsmen has BACKFIRED in their faces. We don't need to hunt or fish. We do it because we want to.
Are you serious. This has got to be one of the most ridiculously funny statements I have ever read on HNI. Boycott hunting! It sounds to me like you are siding with the Anti's. Are you? Because if anyone boycotts hunting that means you are an anti. Wal-Mart just raised the price of my favorite cereal, so do you think I should boycott that. Suck it up and get your licenses. I am not at all happy with the price increases but that is life. Prices go up and we pay them. If the # of hunting licenses continue to drop, the state will continue to raise the prices to make up for the lost revenue. It is simple economics. What we need is more people to buy licenses so the price at least stays steady for a while. Boycotting the purchase of licenses will do the exact opposite of what you say.