HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - your thoughts ona disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:59 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default your thoughts ona disabled hunter using a crossbow during bow season.

I have a had a few shoulder issues since a wreck at 19. Last winter i fell and landed on my right shoulder on a driveway with nearly a 40 degree angle on it. SO all my weight went on my shoulder. I went to the doctor he said i just pulled it alittle it would be ok. Well 8 or 9 months later it is getting worst. I shot my shotgun a few months back and nearly cryed.
I have had issues pulling my bow back aswell. Though have not tried since march. I went to the doctor and he said it was still sore. he gave me a cortizoan shot. It did not help hurts like hell still does two weeks later. I am worried i will not be able to shot enough for good practice then the pain just from pulling it if i get a deer. SO i thought about the permit they have for someone with a upperbody limitation to hunt during bow season with a crossbow. What are you thoughts. I feel alittle quilty even thinking about this. But i ant about to stop hunting. What do you think of someone using this permit and would you.