HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Mexico Elk!
Thread: New Mexico Elk!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Oh yeah--no real regrets here, just some "If I had known this, I would have done that differently" kind of thoughts. I wasn't mislead in any way--there were plenty of signs and pictures to remove any doubt. The place was mostly sand, so tracks didn't look fresh very long--and it was covered in them when we first got there--not to mention all the black "marbles" all over the place.

Dunno when I'll get to go again--hadn't planned on this one--but I do plan to go again. I'll start saving asap (another good thing to do--start a hunt fund right now, even if you can only put $5 a week in it), just in case. Not likely I'll be able to do anything next year, but maybe the following year......who knows.

I was talking to a fellow hunter on the way up--Arky Bob who I went to CO with a couple of years ago. He said when you get to a certain point, it's all about the hunt, and a kill is just icing on the cake. I have to agree--otherwise I'd have taken a weapon that would have made filling my tag a lot easier.

Chad