HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - theft proofing a stand.
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 06:37 AM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default theft proofing a stand.

how do you guys theft proof your stands. last year some A**hole stole the ladder and 10 dollar a peice straps i had on my stand.
I will be hunting the same area this year and am wanting to go with a stand. But worry of course about feeding the thefts. I was thinking bolt in place of the quick clips cable lock the ladder section to section the lock it to the stand then the stand to the tree. Last year they did not get my stand it was locked to the tree just the ladder. But it cost me half my hunting season.
I thought about welding the ladder sections togather as to make it one peice. but that will make some troubleing times walking in the the stand site. Which i could do nice clean path not to many curves in it. What worrys me about cableing them togather is the fact they could just fold it up take it then cut the cable later.
What are you thoughs. Also any tips on what bolt i could use. I am thinking something total odd ball size and head. SO as to make it harder then just a set of sockets.