HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )
Old 09-12-2009, 07:15 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Just an update...

Friday night I snuck in the tall tined 6x6 bedding area since he hasn't been coming out. I played it safe with the crappy NE wind we had. I saw him and 6 other bucks. He was out pretty early but only moved 150 yards in well over an hour just browsing and being a tough guy with the other bucks. He hangs with a tall tined 4x4 that is also pretty nice. I need a west wind of any sort to get a shot at him. The are only taking east winds. I did have 2 younger bucks come by. They need a few years yet. LOL

This morning I had 4 does go by anywheres from 15 - 25 yards. I suppose I really should buy a doe tag but want to concentrate on buck hunting.

Tonight I went into the short tined 6x6's bedding area. He was a no show but did see two decent bucks. One was a very clean and very even 5x5 in the 135ish range. The other was funky 4x4 that goes in the 120 - 125 range. Give both another year and they will be pretty good bucks. Had a doe go by at 3 yards and saw two other does.

Not sure if I will go out in the morning but will be hunting tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully they are wrong with the wind direction and I can make something work with the tall tined 6x6.

Tim