HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need some advise please!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 06:01 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 7MMXBOLT
I should probably also mention I have a 28" draw length. I also understand that this bow is IBO rated for 360+ fps. IBO rating being a 70 lbs limbs and a 30" draw "bare". After adding everything on the bow and deducting for draw length and reduced lbs I am being told that I could expect to see about 320 fps or somewhere there abouts. Any thoughts on that as well?

Bill
For the amount of money you are probably about to spend on this 'super tune' you'd better see that kinda speed. I understand you'll be shooting 65#s... but I'd expect you to be in the mid 320s anyway.... and possibly as high as 330 if all of the claims made by Brian's are true.

I've never heard of them, and I don't doubt them a bit.... but I know what a 28/70 Monster (not XLR8) shoots with a Maxima 3-D Select 350s (321fps set up to hunt....372gr arrow)..... with a straight up 7fps difference and a 5# difference... I'd expect them to be +/- 3fps of each other basic tuned out of the box (stock)..... if you don't see at least 325fps after a super tune... I'd say you bought a bag of rocks.... when you do the math... I actually got an extra 5-6 fps out of that bow than IBO advertised... I don't have that kind of equipment where I work.... just a calibrated eyeball, a fairly gifted shooter, an excellent mentor, and some patience. I measured and rechecked at brace and checked the creep tune. Fired for effect.. made adjustments... hit the chrony last.... boom... got a phone call from him this morning and he sent me three more customers today.

What kinda scratch (if you don't mind me asking) is this super tune setting/mapping business setting you back? I didn't see any kind of prices listed.... when I sell a bow... all the service is included..... I 'super tune' every bow I sell to the best of my ability.